26 Mar Tips for Drying Your Laundry
Check out these quick tips for drying laundry from Tipnut.com!
- If you’re in a rush for a load of laundry to dry–try tossing a clean, thick cotton towel in the dryer with the wet clothes. The towel will absorb some of the moisture and clothes will dry faster. If it’s a large load of laundry, throw in two or three towels.
- If clothes have been left in the dryer too long and are wrinkled, toss in a clean, wet towel (not dripping wet–wring out excess water first) and turn the dryer on for 15 minute intervals until wrinkles are no longer a problem.
- Drying knits, sweaters and denims inside out can help prevent fading as well as pills developing on the clothes (especially helps with knits and t-shirts). If a garment is pilling, try firmly brushing a pumice stone across the garment to remove the pills.
- When drying feather pillows or down duvets in the dryer, throw in a few clean tennis balls towards the last 30 minutes or so of the cycle. This helps fluff and beat the pillows as well as circulate the air better.
- Increase the efficiency of your dryer by giving the lint trap a quick wash. See notes below for more details.
And, to make sure your dryer is running safely and efficiently, call Dryer Vent Wizard! Our professional dryer vent service will help protect your home or business from the hazard of dryer fires. And, with a clean dryer vent, your clothes will dry faster!